Alberta Central is the central banking facility, and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 13 credit unions that together have more than $30 billion in system assets and serve more than 620,000 members at 198 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
Reporting to the Senior Researcher, this position is responsible for researching and conducting analysis on issues related to credit unions. This role collects, processes, and presents data relevant to the analysis and understanding of the business environment in which credit unions operate. This role supports the research team in the gathering and analysis of data and the preparations of reports.
- Conduct economic analyses and produce high quality work requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methodology.
- Collect, manage, and present large quantities of data with the development of dashboards, chartbooks or others to facilitate their access, analysis and interpretation.
- Identify and interpret complex patterns and trends. Translate the insights into actionable recommendations for the credit union system and the organization.
- Support research projects of varying complexity utilizing your knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Provide technical writing and analytical support to management in the development of strategic projects.
- Respond to external stakeholder requests in a timely manner and provide support on government advocacy.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
- Support risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Related University degree and typically 2- 3 years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Knowledge or experience in data science or big data.
- Experience with statistical computing software like R or Python.
- Experience with time series analysis and econometrics.
- Knowledge of economics is an asset.
- Previous financial services industry is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize effort and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2023 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Open concept environment
- Hybrid Office – Home/Work Location
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Free banking services and free access to an in-house fitness facility
- Located in the Beltline
- Casual dress environment
To express your interest in this position, apply here submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #23-013 by, September 20, 2023.