Manager, Facilities & Procurement
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 13 credit unions that together have more than $30 billion in system assets and serve more than 620,000 members at 198 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
Reporting to the Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement, this position is responsible for the overall management of Alberta Central’s Facilities and Purchasing departments ensuring the space and infrastructure needs of employees are met. The leased premises are comprised of 51,000 square feet of office space on two floors and facility management services are provided to more than 150 employees that span across Alberta Central and two joint venture organizations (Celero and Prairie Payments Joint Venture (PPJV)). The Purchasing department provides procurement services to internal departments, and externally on a national level to credit unions and affiliate organizations. This position also manages all associated agreements and contracts with vendors.
- Develop, implement, and manage the Facility plans and capital expenditures for Alberta Central, Celero and PPJV.
- Collaborate with executive on the creation and monitoring of annual operating budgets.
- Act as landlord liaison and point of contact for joint ventures that lease space.
- Oversee space planning, move and construction management services, preventative maintenance programs for company owned building systems, furniture, and equipment, and office services (e.g., mail services, security, and parking).
- Represent Facilities as part of Crisis Management Team member and manage the department’s business continuity plans.
- Manage organizational corporate health and safety program and ensure compliance with provincial occupational health and safety requirements, lead occupational health and safety committees.
- Conduct on-going cost/benefit analysis and cost savings programs.
- Manage capital expenditure procurement services and vendor/product research and development for furnishings and common area/shared equipment (i.e., all activities related to purchasing capital assets – furniture, equipment, art collection, cost/benefit analysis, vendor reviews, etc.).
- Manage all aspects of procurement services including procurement, distribution, print, inventory management, personalized ad specialty, and aggregate/rebate programs.
- Oversee inventory reporting documents, customer billings, bid proposals, tenders and contracts.
- Manage and negotiate various contracts and agreements as they relate to:
- Facility long-term lease
- Special rebate and procurement programs
- Sub tenant agreements with joint ventures
- Lead all aspects of people management and development including recruitment, delegation and monitoring of work, performance management, coaching, mentoring and creation of training and development plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Related University degree and/or professional designation and eight or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of facilities management best practices, safety regulations, and procurement processes.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills.
- Previous financial services industry is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize effort and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2023 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Open concept environment
- Hybrid Office – Home/Work Location
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Free banking services and free access to an in-house fitness facility
- Located in the Beltline
- Casual dress environment
To express your interest in this position, apply here submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #23-014 by, September 29, 2023.