Securitization & Syndicate Lending Analyst
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 13 credit unions that together have more than $30 billion in system assets and serve more than 620,000 members at 198 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
Reporting to the Director, Syndicate Lending & Corporate Banking, this position is responsible for acquiring comprehensive knowledge of the MBS (Mortgage-backed Securities) Program requirements and associated mortgage products. Key responsibilities include performing quality checks on completed work, analyzing, and reconciling monthly credit union reports, and identifying, tracking, and resolving discrepancies or process disconnects. The analyst must also be capable of providing support to other financial services functions, notably commercial syndicated lending, as driven by company volumes.
- Participate in the creation, testing, and implementation of new processes or enhancements regarding mortgage pool reporting, collaborating with project teams to identify issues and gaps, ensuring accurate MBS pool creation using software, and liaising with credit unions to discuss results.
- Prepare all the necessary documentation for MBSs.
- Analyze and format credit union pools, monitoring principal differences between credit union loan and CMHC balances and providing ongoing analysis and administration services to credit union clients for the securitization.
- Work closely with the Treasury team on all MBS capital markets requirements.
- Coordinate syndication, administration and/or participation of the commercial loan portfolio with Credit Unions.
- Work with our Credit Union partners in the origination and authorization of new loans under the syndicated commercial lending program.
- Prepare and review draw requests on behalf of the syndicate group and/or the Credit Unions.
- Work with our Credit Union partners in conducting and processing annual reviews of all borrowing relationships & members under the syndicated commercial lending program.
- Prepare and administer standby letters of credit and facilitate the preparation of import letters of credit.
- Work with senior management to identify any developing credit concerns within the portfolio by ongoing monitoring and analysis of relevant financial, macro environment and industry information.
- Provide Credit Unions with consulting services in the areas of commercial loans development, structuring and proposals, credit applications, security packages and financial statement analysis.
- Support risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
- University degree completed in Business Administration or Commerce, with a preference for Finance majors.
- Previous commercial financial services industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Advanced/intermediate proficiency in Excel, knowledge of VBA is a plus, intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams) and other software as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative and team-oriented work environment.
- Detail oriented and able to work well under pressure.
- Displays a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- Competitive compensation
- Open concept environment
- Hybrid Office – Home/Work Location
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Free banking services and free access to an in-house fitness facility
- Located in the Beltline
- Casual dress environment
To express your interest in this position, apply here submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #002 by, February 9, 2024.