Alberta Central is the central banking facility, and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 13 credit unions that together have more than $30 billion in system assets and serve more than 620,000 members at 198 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper, and achieve financial success.
Reporting into Alberta Central’s Director, IT strategy, this position utilizes broad experience in technology including user support, cyber security, Microsoft 365 and data classification tools to support the use of technology throughout the organization. Primary responsibilities include analysis, planning, implementing and supporting technology solutions and users to successfully meet corporate goals and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be an agile and collaborative team player with an ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Use experience in IT system operations and support to ensure IT systems and tools are being used efficiently by the organization.
- Troubleshoot and assist service providers to support technology and resolve issues.
- Provide expertise and guidance in optimizing the use of Microsoft 365, work with IT provider to continually improve organizational use and advise on new features.
- Use experience in cyber security to stay current on cyber security trends to ensure organization is aware and prepared, analyze and advise on services provided by vendors.
- Setup and maintain staff cyber safety using programs like KnowBe4 including administering phishing test and training campaigns, tool administration and reporting on results.
- Support Data Classification tools such as Varonis including analysis and reporting of results.
- Undertake business analysis activities relating to product and service modifications and/or enhancements of IT systems.
- Gather information from stakeholders, conduct research and document business needs and requirements for technology solutions.
- Coordinate with vendors to implement upgrades and critical patches.
- Present to management and/or clients and provide information regarding options to meet business and technical needs.
- Related University degree and typically 5 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Broad experience supporting Information Technology
- Knowledge of electronic banking and payments.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the Canadian credit union system is an asset.
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize effort and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2023 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Open concept environment
- Hybrid Office – Home/Work Location
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Free banking services and free access to an in-house fitness facility
- Located in the Beltline
- Casual dress environment
To express your interest in this position, apply here submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #23-011 by, August 25, 2023.