AVP, Commercial Banking
Lakeland Credit Union is hiring an AVP, Commercial Banking in Cold Lake, Alberta.
Lakeland Credit Union is a provider of financial products and services in the Lakeland area. We have been serving our members in Bonnyville, Cold Lake and surrounding rural communities for over 80 years. We believe in community, integrity, excellence, the co-operative system and our people.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and our collective community succeeds!
What opportunity awaits?
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the AVP, Commercial Banking will provide innovative banking solutions to a select group of larger commercial Lakeland Credit Union members, and management oversight to the Commercial Relationship Management team. This role will be the primary contributor to the development of commercial banking strategic initiatives at Lakeland Credit Union, intended to expand commercial banking capabilities, grow the commercial membership, and provide heightened financial returns to the membership at large.
- Directly manage a select group of large and often complex commercial member relationships, with an expectation to strengthen and expand relations with those members and leveraging those connections to develop new membership opportunities.
- Research market trends and opportunities to facilitate the development of business and marketing planning in support of both enhanced commercial member service levels and membership growth.
- Underwrite credit applications for the directly managed commercial relationships, incorporating detailed analysis of financial information and security valuations to ensure holistic credit risk assessment, to in turn facilitate competitive and appropriately structured credit approvals predicated on a minimum risk-based return on capital.
- Management leadership of the Lakeland Credit Union Commercial Relationship Management team comprised of four relationship managers.
- Minimum 7 years of experience, preferably in a credit union, including business lending, credit adjudication and relationship management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business.
- Excellent critical analysis and decision-making skills.
- A high attention to technical detail and proven ability to work effectively in a time sensitive and team environment.
- Strong quantitative skills, with some familiarity of basic statistics.
- Strong leadership, impact, influencing and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values.
- Strong and thorough knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace and the market area’s key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market areas.
- Exceptional demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of lending, market analysis and industry trends, and cash management, etc.
- Ability to work independently with confidence and strong commitment to member service.
- Advanced credit and interviewing techniques, credit investigation and underwriting skills.
- Ability to work in normal business environment as well as flexible to work evenings and/or attend community events. Travel may be required for this role.
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive benefit package, matching retirement savings plan and employee financial services benefits.
To apply: Does this sound like a great fit? Then we encourage you to apply today! You can forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: This posting will remain open until suitable candidate is identified.
*This successful candidate must be bondable and will be subject to a pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record and credit checks. Thank you for your interest in Lakeland Credit Union however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Lakeland Credit Union please visit lakelandcreditunion.com.