Kootenay Savings Credit Union is now hiring a Controller based in Trail, BC.
Are you seeking an opportunity to build a satisfying career with an organization that puts their community and employees first? If you’re a natural leader who strives to make a positive difference each day and have advanced knowledge and experience in accounting and finance and know what it takes to succeed in the competitive financial services market, we encourage you to read on!
‘Come for a visit, stay for a career!’
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities that are within easy commuting distance. Affordable, safe and volunteer-oriented communities provide all the modern technology and amenities to keep you connected. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest.
For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com
Kootenay Savings Credit Union:
We’re the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 35,000 members and over 200 employees. Our Corporate Office is in Trail, BC along with our Member Service Centre and we have eleven branches throughout the Kootenays offering retail and commercial banking services. We’re community-minded and continue to strive to fulfill our vision to be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com
We’re seeking a Controller to join our team. As Controller, you will be accountable for the overall accounting function and systems, which involves the management and administration of the Finance Department, department leadership and employee development, accounts payable, property management and corporate purchasing. This includes being responsible for the distribution of accurate and timely financial, management and regulatory information and acting as a resource for the Board and Senior Management Team. You will also act as a primary advisor to the Asset & Liability Committee and will facilitate complex Committee decision-making through the provision of technical advice, support and recommendations on a broad range of treasury and financial activities.
The ideal incumbent will possess:
- Undergraduate degree and an accredited professional designation (CPA)
- Five to seven years of related experience in professional accounting, some at a supervisory level, including essential experience in creating, formulating and leading long-term strategic plans
- Advanced knowledge of financial products and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Advanced analytical, planning and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software
- Advanced knowledge of banking systems and financial reporting systems
- Proficient knowledge of human resource policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to act creatively by searching out new ideas, means, and methods of accomplishing things
- Ability to develop and maintain a high degree of credibility with the Board, senior management team, regulators and auditors
- Proven ability in exercising good judgment by making difficult decisions in a balanced way
- Demonstrated high performance standards and professionalism
- Works effectively as part of a team by demonstrating a high regard and respect for colleagues and a willingness to support the efforts of others as needed
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work within exceedingly tight deadlines
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return, we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary of $100K – $126K based on skills and experience
- Competitive benefits including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- Health care & Personal spending account
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.