ABCU Credit Union is now hiring a Credit Advisor for a role based in Beaumont, AB.
An exciting opportunity exists, for an experienced Credit Advisor to join our team. ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) is a full-service open bond Credit Union. Exciting opportunities exist to join our team, ABCU is a full-service open bond Credit Union with funds Under Administration of $456 million and a staff of 35.
The Credit Advisor is a key member of the member experience team. The primary responsibility of this role is to actively manage and provide credit advice to the credit members who deal with ABCU for their borrowing needs. Additional responsibilities include engagement activities to retain and consolidate existing members’ business to the Credit Union and attract new credit member growth. This position works closely with the Credit Associate, Contact Centre, Branch staff and Risk Management. The role requires expert knowledge of credit products and the ability to negotiate rates and fees in the best interest of the credit union.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required.
- Comfort and ability to work with an elevated level of detail/accuracy.
- This is a self-managed role.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The ability to work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy is essential.
- Six to ten years of job-related/industry experience.
- Completion of the Personal Lending and Mortgages Course (PLM) offered through Canadian Securities Institute.
- Completion of the Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA) offered through Canadian Securities Institute.
- Completion of CUIC General Studies Program preferred or working towards (may be waived depending upon position).
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
Ms. Shannon Miller, ABCU Credit Union
ABCU thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: this position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.