1st Choice Savings and Credit Union is now hiring a Financial Analyst.
As the key banking alternative in Southern Alberta, 1st Choice Savings serves approximately 18,000 members through a network of 5 branch locations. 1st Choice Savings is a financially strong Credit Union with assets under administration exceeding $900 million and is poised for continued growth. The organization follows a corporate purpose and guiding principles where the ultimate goal is putting the member first, above all else.
The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the finance team, providing insights and analysis on operational and financial performance of the organization while contributing to accounting, treasury and corporate finance functions. The Financial Analyst will work with a small team of finance professionals focused on ensuring the accuracy of information reported, timely reporting cycles and driving operational success through insightful analysis and reporting.
This position will require the individual to demonstrate a high level of accounting and finance knowledge and expertise. As part of this opportunity, you will:
- Work as a key member of the finance team to provide insights and analysis on the operational and financial performance of the organization;
- Develop a working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Prepare financial scenarios and forecasts;
- Support the finance team with responsibilities in accounting, treasury, financial reporting and analysis and risk management functions of the Credit Union;
- Assist in the preparation and reporting requirements of the financial statements, completing internal and external reports, accounting processes and statistical data review;
- Assist the finance team with financial forecasting, budgeting and business unit analysis;
- Strive to ensure continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures leading to improved member service.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in task completion;
- Ability to think logically, analyze and solve problems;
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft office applications and aptitude to learn other software applications as needed;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and promote the Credit Union vision;
- Aptitude for leadership and proven track record in achieving results as part of a team;
- Pursuit or completion of post-secondary education in a relevant field (Finance, accounting);
- CPA or CFA designation or progress/desire towards obtaining considered an asset.
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Lily Harms, Associate People Development
(403) 320-4600 / Lharms@1stchoicesavings.ca