PPJV is now hiring a Fraud Analyst for a full-time permanent remote position.
The Prairie Payments Joint Venture (PPJV) is a joint venture owned by three Prairie centrals created to digitally transform and modernize payment services for credit unions the Prairies. PPJV’s goal is to ensure prairie credit unions are competitive in payments and have access to efficient, modernized payments processing infrastructure.
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions and one of the centrals that owns the PPJV. Beyond being an owner of the PPJV, Alberta Central also plays a key role in PPJV’s operational success by acting as a shared services provider, offering support in areas including communications, risk management, and compliance, amongst others.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, this position will act as the primary contact for Interac and credit unions as part of the fraud management operations function for Prairie Payments Joint Venture. This position will monitor Interac’s Online Administration Service (OAS) and Interac tools to receive and relay suspicious/blocked transaction notifications from Interac to the relevant credit union, using the OAS admin portal.
- Deliver specific operational and administrative processes supporting a 7 days per week extended hour support environment.
- Detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to payments starting with Interac by analyzing alerts by using various fraud detection tools
- Taking appropriate course of action based on processes or your analysis
- Contacting customers to discuss suspicious activity
- Provide first level support by monitoring OAS and Interac tools to receive and relay suspicious/blocked transaction notifications from Interac to Credit Unions.
- Manage fraud related activities on the OAS and monitor the system for frauds, fraud trends and patterns.
- Maintain database and relay monthly fraud statistics from Interac to the Centrals, Prairie Payments and CCUA.
- Enable or disable customers from using the INTERAC e-Transfer service and block or unblock transfers if there is suspected fraudulent intent.
- Manage customer’s assigned limit groups depending on whether this has been allowed for the Financial Institution.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document customer enquiries.
- Maintain records of outstanding and closed customer queries and produce operational metrics and reports.
- Research and implement best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Support risk management by following established policies, procedures, and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility and escalate discrepancies to management.
- Grade 12, with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Understanding of payments and fraud would be an asset.
- Maintain high standards of customer service.
- Able to apply strong analytical skills to make effective decisions.
- Able to handle varying and large volumes of customer inquiries with speed and a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be bondable.
This position is currently designated as a remote position. Ideally, candidates will be located in one of our current customer areas of Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
To express your interest in this position, apply here submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #23-008 by May 23, 2023.