connectFirst Credit Union is now hiring a Information Architect based out of Calgary, AB.
About connectFirst Credit Union
As a credit union, we’re different than a bank – and we like it that way.
At connectFirst, we spend our days helping our members achieve their financial aspirations through a community-focused approach to banking that’s true to our co-operative principles. You’re our member, not a number. We’re your neighbours and your partner. Over 80 years ago we started from humble beginnings. Through the years, we’ve grown to become one of Alberta’s leading financial institutions through a desire to connect the dots between your dreams, your goals, your community, and your financial wellness and we echo these desires through our new, consolidated connectFirst brand.
We believe that banking is about more than money – it’s a cornerstone of every vibrant community and that our members should expect us to positively impact the financial success and viability of the communities that we call home. We invest meaningfully in the potential and well-being of our employees, and what matters most to our members. We have honest conversations about real things, as real people. Our members are owners, they have a say in how we operate, they earn dividends on common shares and investment shares, and they have access to an extensive array of financial products and services.
- Our mission: Make money make a difference.
- Our vision: Do what’s right for every member.
- Our values: Think big, act local, take charge, and make it easy.
We’re committed to providing remarkable experiences to our members, our communities, and our employees, and we’re proud to be regarded as one of the best:
- Named among Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ by Waterstone Human Capital
- Recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award for 21 consecutive years
- $12.3 billion book of business (Deposits=45%, Loans=43%, Wealth Management=10%, Syndicated Loans=2%)
- 750 employees
- $585 million in Member’s equity
You REALLY, REALLY love data! I mean, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love content, content in all forms include documents, records, forms data, csv, json, xml, voice recordings, video recordings, member statements, credit agreements etc. You are constantly thinking about new ways to manage this enterprise content throughout the entire lifecycle. You believe data is the most valuable commodity, but you also recognize the massive liability if the content is not appropriately protected and/or is not destroyed in a timely fashion. You love planning, educating, and strategizing as much as you love being hands on and ensuring data is flowing properly. If you genuinely believe in making connectFirst Credit Union Paperless, and if you strongly agree with these past statements, then you may well be our first ever Information Architect!
In summary, you will be:
- Formulating informational designs, models, and templates for development.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of robust and efficient architectures.
- Evaluating performance of architectures through analysis, research and performance metrics.
- Working with and mentoring other members of the team on usability with a keen eye to smart, simple, and helpful.
- Developing and educating on the use of metadata driven schema design.
- Developing standards for content lifecycles and understanding on architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrate your growth mindset with strong organizational change focus.
A More Detailed View:
Day-to-day product delivery (project and ongoing maintenance):
- You are a true problem solver at heart. Whether it is figuring out the best strategy for the for managing the next integration of enterprise content management within a major business transformation effort. Or it is figuring out how implement the most detailed data loss prevention or record retention policy.
- You love working in an adaptable environment, one that uses agile delivery techniques but tweaks for the reality of the current situation.
- You love building simple and easy to understand content taxonomies and are thrilled when we can keep content in place while encouraging collaboration. In today’s world of abundance high performance cloud computing and related security methods allow us to truly maintain a single authoritative version of the content.
- You still love looking into bug reports and understanding root cause to avoid repeated incidents.
- You find ways to ensure we are constantly understanding our own performance metrics while helping the business define theirs, and ensuring those metrics are captured appropriate in our Data Dictionary / Data Catalog.
- Given your exceptional focus on the performance metrics of the team, you are a big believer in process observability. Metadata, monitoring, and logging are cornerstones to successful delivery.
- You are frugal, but you always pride yourself on finding interesting ways to deliver solutions in a very cost-effective way. You love to understand the costs of data analytics consumption in cloud computing environments.
- You love to debate on what the “non-happy” path for data is and try to avoid those situations from occurring. Said differently, error handling is a passion and needs to be thoughtfully implemented up front.
- You are an expert on implementing advanced data governance techniques. Everything from group-based access security to active data loss prevention techniques-based data classification and sensitivity (which you love to configure in emerging AI based solutions).
- Since you are an expert on data loss prevention security, you are a huge believer in data personalization where content is focused on that individual and only that individual – but can be shared for feedback as necessary.
- You also understand the value that APIs and event-driven architectures bring to business systems and how they can create a very simple experience for employees. You love the challenge of orchestrating those APIs to deliver a resilient solution.
- You see the massive business benefits that can come from Intelligent (Robotics) Process Automation and understand the major role that effective enterprise content management plays. You are keen to ensure the enterprise content management environment fully enables full lifecycle automation by minimizing the human interaction.
When it comes to strategy, prioritization, and education:
- You are very capable in translating the very technical data world into understand business language.
- You are keenly aware of the major developments in the content management / content services vendor ecosystem – with an eye to cost-effective ways of enhancing and planning for our path forward.
- You know the key differences between content management approaches. You are completely comfortable talking about the differences between approval workflows, document management, or records management.
- You can have hard fact-based conversations with business teams to prioritize efforts in a resource constrained environment.
- You thrive on being able to be a mentor to those developing their technical expertise and those that are just starting out on their world in enterprise content management concepts.
- You have an expert understanding of data protection / privacy requirements in Canada and within the Financial Services industry.
- You are especially keen to work with the business to truly realize the benefits of the enterprise content management solutions you help to architect. The work isn’t worth it, without that sense of pride of providing business benefit.
- As an architect, you are passionate about advancing the understanding of the business in data analytics, understanding the adoption is balancing people, process, and technology.
A focus on mentoring colleagues and business users:
- You love being on the edge between being hands-on solving problems and taking advantage of new opportunities, while also ensuring you are mentoring the team to be able to deliver. You love the satisfaction of seeing your colleagues be successful because of your mentorship.
- You are very skilled at developing communications and micro-learning opportunities to bring the overall awareness and maturity of enterprise content management to the organization.
- You thrive on working in small groups to help employees understand the reasons for changing business processes that have existed for many years and truly listen to the feedback received.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 8+ years in a complex enterprise content environment with preference to those with financial services experience, as well as a strong preference to the regulatory environment that Canadian financial institutions operate in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computing Engineering, Management Information Services or equivalent experience.
- Prosci or Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) certification(s) or a desire to acquire it is strongly preferred.
- Very experienced in cloud-based enterprise content management platforms (i.e., MS SharePoint Online / MS One Drive, Box, Google Drive etc.). Strong preference to MS SharePoint Online / MS One Drive.
- You are an expert in cloud-based collaboration solutions (i.e., Microsoft Office 365, Google Workspace) and how these work in tandem with cloud-based enterprise content management solutions.
- You are an expert in helping the organize take advantage of self-service group management to help effectively manage and secure content, working with platforms like MS Azure Active Directory, Okta, Google Groups, etc.
- You are interested, with some experience, in low code automation platforms, like MS PowerApps (i.e., MS Power Automate).
- You are very curious with opportunities to leverage machine learning model and AI driven content classification.
- You have a broad understanding on architecture frameworks like TOGAF and are aware of the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) framework.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Additional Skills That’ll Support Your Success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to analyze data and present recommendations based on insights and research.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Comfortable in a team-oriented, dynamic, and fast-paced technology environment.
- Passion for maximizing value and efficiency using innovative methods and technologies.
- Excellent relationship management skills in order to interact with cross functional teams, external partners, and varying stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers