Lakeland Credit Union is now hiring a Lead, Lending Support located in Bonnyville, AB.
About Lakeland Credit Union
Lakeland Credit Union (LCU) is a provider of financial products and services assisting our members in Bonnyville, Cold Lake, and surrounding rural communities for over 80 years. We believe in community, integrity, excellence, the co-operative system, and our people.
Lakeland Credit Union is an employer who can help you shape your career, right here in the Lakeland. We are focused on creating a leading-edge financial institution where everyone works together to achieve our personal and financial goals, at the same time building a better community. It’s simply part of the way we do business, and what earns us loyalty from our members and their families.
Our workplace culture encourages employees to treat each other with respect and challenge each other to be our best. Happy employees looking forward to coming to work each and every day. Employees that have a sense of purpose, feeling valued and engaged are going to pass that along to our members. Our Executive Leadership team is committed to open communication and swift decision-making for the betterment of our work environment. We pride ourselves on having every voice heard and providing our employees with a real chance to make an impact in our healthy, dynamic credit union.
To learn more about us and the services we offer, please visit our website at lakelandcreditunion.com.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead, Lending Support to join our team on a full-time basis at our branch in Bonnyville, AB.
The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor to the Lending Services team by providing coaching, technical direction, and effective communications in all areas of loan administration – this includes loan documentation, securities registration, and lending knowledge. The leader is accountable for ensuring all assigned lending activities are in compliance with legislation, regulations, policy, and procedures.
More specifically, some of your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and coaching direct reports in order to ensure the efficient administration and operation of loan support functions of the credit union
- Fostering and maintaining a positive work environment conducive to high-performing teams and highly engaged staff
- Coaching employee performance through established performance planning; evaluating the performance of staff, coaching and supporting individual training and development needs
- Overseeing the provision of support, assistance, and documentation control systems for personal lending of the Credit Union
- Acting as a senior resource person for loan support function, research, and advanced level lending/documentation and lending-related systems knowledge
- Overseeing the preparation, coordination, and control of all loan documentation and security document registration
- Protecting the interests of the Credit Union to the maximum extent possible and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Clearly and concisely communicating policy and procedure and their impact on projects
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of credit union lending policy, procedure, and documentation by regularly reviewing applicable literature
- Participating in performance planning expectations and being accountable for training and development needs
- Supporting AVP Innovation and Member Solutions in achieving department goals and objectives
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 3 years of retail banking experience, and 1-2 years of supervisory experience along with formal post-secondary education with a Business Administration diploma preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a passion for supporting and fostering high-performing teams and highly engaged staff through coaching and mentorship, while being dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. You are a resourceful, superior communicator, with strong organization and time management skills. You have a process improvement mindset, with the critical thinking and sound judgment skills to make valuable decisions.
Above all, you are flexible and adaptable, and empowered to positively contribute to the success of the organization while building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
What We Offer
As a valued member of our independent financial institution, you will be awarded a competitive salary, RRSP matching program, and vacation, along with a host of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- Wellness spending account
- Discounted employee financial services benefits
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Employee bonding events, Christmas parties, and summer socials!