ABCU Credit Union is hiring a Loans Officer in Beaumont, Alberta.
At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals that are dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members. We embrace employee strengths and strive to empower employees to make the right decisions quickly and accurately every day. Our team members are provided with the tools to deliver a meaningful member experience in an environment that values and supports their contributions.
The Loans Officer role is a key member of ABCU’s credit team. The primary responsibility is to proactively manage the consumer credit needs of our members.
- Three to five years of job-related/industry experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy is essential.
- Comfort and ability to work with a high level of detail/accuracy.
- Completion of CUIC General Studies Program preferred or working towards (may be waived depending upon experience).
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred.
- Retain and consolidate of existing members to the Credit Union.
- Attract new credit opportunities.
- Work closely with Credit Advisor, Loans Administrator, Contact Centre, and Branch staff.
- Successfully complete the “Personal Lending and Mortgages Course” (PLM) offered through Canadian Securities Institute within 6 months of of hire.
- Successfully complete the “Personal Financial Services Advice (PFSA)” offered through Canadian Securities Institute within 1 year of hire.
- Requires expert knowledge of consumer lending products and sales techniques.
How to apply
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to email@example.com.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.