ABCU Credit Union is now hiring a Manager, Finance based in Beaumont, Alberta.
An exciting opportunity exists, for an experienced Manager, Finance to join our team. ABCU is a full-service open bond Credit Union with funds under administration of $465 million and a staff of 35. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Manager, Finance is a key member of the leadership team at ABCU. Their responsibilities include:
- Lead, mentor and build the skill of the Finance team.
- Develop an employee succession plan for critical roles.
- Develop financial policies and procedures that are consistent with the business strategy to support income and balance sheet growth and align to regulatory requirements and/or our corporate risk profile.
- Work with your team and the Senior leadership team to develop the annual budget and key assumptions.
- Be a champion of ABCU’s strategic direction by holding your team accountable to learning and awareness of what an advisory-based member engagement strategy is and how they can play a part in supporting it.
- Work with other department senior leaders to establish pricing and fee models that commensurate with risk levels.
- Responsible for adherence to ABCU’s attestation model within the finance area of accountability.
Further, the incumbent is responsible for ABCU’s finance department including the oversight of all external and internal financial reporting, establishing, and monitoring required policies, preparing the COO for Board discussions relating to financial numbers and policy changes and ensuring both regulatory and ABCU compliance and internal controls are met. The incumbent will develop and administer accounting policies and procedures, assist in managing external relationships with third parties.
- CPA Accounting designation (CMA/CGA/CA)
- Four to six years’ relevant financial/accounting experience
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Ability to work with a high level of detail/accuracy
- Mastery of common Software Programs (MS Office Suite, ProfitStar)
How to Apply
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
Cindy Bennett, ABCU Credit Union
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.