Lakeland Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Finance & Risk for a temporary role (12 to 18 months) with the option of working remote.
Under executive direction, the Manager, Finance & Risk is responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the credit union’s financial activities. This position will identify and implement new and revised processes, procedures, and financial reporting. In addition, this role provides financial analysis in areas such as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction, and reviewing operational performance through the direction of the Finance team.
- Manage the treasury and risk management functions of the credit union
- Identify any areas of financial concern for the credit union and document current and projected financial performance
- Manage and monitor investments and borrowing, including daily cash balances, and the matching of assets and liabilities
- Identify and review merging market trends to the credit union’s strategic plan and maintain a high-level competitive analysis for review
- Utilize both finance and analytical skills to help identify trends in LCU financial data to support decision making
- Lead the evolution of Enterprise Risk Management in partnership with the Management Risk Committee
- Provide leadership and coaching for direct reports in order to ensure financial analysis in areas of forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction, operational performance
- Formal education in Finance or relevant combination of education and experience; Designation is an asset (i.e. CFP, CPA)
- 3+ years finance experience including 1-year managerial experience
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects/objectives
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High attention to detail
About Lakeland Credit Union
Lakeland Credit Union is a provider of financial products and services in the Lakeland area. We have been serving our members in Bonnyville, Cold Lake and surrounding rural communities for over 80 years. We believe in community, integrity, excellence, the co-operative system and our people.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and our collective community succeeds!
Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive benefit package, matching retirement savings plan and employee financial services benefits.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*This successful candidate must be bondable and will be subject to a pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record and credit checks.