connectFirst is hiring a Manager, Independent Business & Agriculture Operations Support in Calgary, Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Manages credit oversight reports, such as High Risk, Credit Expiries, Annual Reviews, Compliance, and Delinquency reports, highlighting the areas of greatest importance and ensuring established thresholds for the IB & Ag portfolio are met.
- Provides leadership to the IB & Ag Loan Services team through developing, coaching, setting individual goals and objectives, evaluating performance, and providing timely feedback, while working closely with the IB & Ag Advisors and LoB VP’s to foster overall portfolio growth.
- Ensures the IB & Ag Loan Services team completes the annual review process in a timely fashion, and quickly gains necessary terms and conditions of funding; leads the team in the participation of new money requests.
- Recommends and implements risk management and Member Support Services (MSS) process and policy improvement changes to the Credit department.
- Proactively leads the management of the IB & Ag high-risk portfolio, while administrating effective transfer to cFCU’s Special Loans group when required.
- Liaises with the Commercial Credit department on escalation of risk within identified files.
- Provides input into the development of new business lending products, programs, and services, as required.
- Ensures department compliance with industry regulations, enterprise risk management and CFCU policies and procedures such as Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Client’s, Securities regulations, etc.
- Builds and maintains internal monitoring and control procedures for loan facilities.
- Advises on audit controls and risk management processes and practices within the IB & Ag departments; identifies and recommends to management potential improvements or immediate risk concerns; actively contributes to audit action planning with senior leadership.
- Leads and develops on the job training for the department to ensure successful understanding and integration of compliance and risk requirements into day-to-day practices.
- Remains current on best practices, legislations, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Partners with Consumer Concierge to ensure all IB & Ag policies, and procedures are aligned to the C&C team for less complex lending.
Experience and/or educational requirements
- 8 years experience in supporting or lending in; Small to mid Size Business and Agriculture or Commercial Banking/Diversified Industries.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in business lending adjudication would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a Compliance-related role in financial or securities industry would be considered an asset.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent computer skills; able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, partner and communicate effectively in order to facilitate a positive and effective team environment.
- Effectively adapts to and leads through an ever-changing business environment.
- Ability to drive change and build highly engaged teams.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Closing date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers