Prairie Payments Joint Venture (PPJV) is now hiring a Manager, Operations Support for a remote position based in the Prairies.
In response to the rapidly changing payments landscape and the multiyear Payments Canada modernization initiative, the Centrals of Alberta, Manitoba (CUCM) and Saskatchewan formed a joint venture known as PPJV on behalf of all prairie credit unions. PPJV resources are in year two of moving to a payments as a service (PaaS) model with IBM. They are also intent upon streamlining the payments functions between the three Centrals. The goal is to ensure prairie credit unions are competitive in payments and have access to efficient, cost-effective, modernized payments processing infrastructure.
This position is responsible for all aspect of people management and development of the HelpDesk and Fraud Service Desk staff who function as the primary contacts for products and services offered by Credit Union Payment Services (CUPS)/PPJV and Fraud Management offered by PPJV. The role provides direction and coaching to members of the team, assists in statistical reporting, problem escalations, monthly billing and initiates process improvements.
As the internal and external stakeholder liaison, this position understands the operational needs of fraud, superior customer service through effective communication and problem-solving, as well as the ongoing commitment to a successful resolution of every call.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Developing and managing the operations, planning, variance reporting and budgets for the service and operations support function (HelpDesk and Fraud Service Desk).
- Assisting in the development of department objectives.
- Producing operational metrics and reports and assisting with monthly billing.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues escalated from team members.
- Work with Business and Technology support groups when required to identify and resolution
- Assisting in the implementation of projects and initiating process improvements
- Supporting risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- Creating and Maintaining Knowledge Base for Payment Types and Process
- Related University, college, formal certification or a combination of education and two years’ experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a people leadership role.
- Knowledge of Canadian Payment Association (CPA) rules and standards.
- Knowledge of Interac or fraud operations.
- Able to handle varying and large volumes of customer inquiries with speed and a high degree of accuracy.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and basic proficiency with PowerPoint.
This position is currently designated as a remote position. Ideally, candidates will be located in one of our current customer areas of Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
PPJV is a fast paced and focused environment where employees and contractors share the mission to deliver efficient, cost effective, modernized payments processing to prairie credit unions.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter by August 14, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.