connectFirst is hiring a Mobile Mortgage Advisor in Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Delivers remarkable member service that builds trust through expertise and responsive service and support, while balancing the interest of the credit union.
- Actively seeks out new members to Connect First Credit Union by developing and leveraging relationships with key stakeholders and centers of influence within the community.
- Accountable for increasing CFCU’s share of wallet by identifying cross-sell opportunities and facilitating introductions to other areas of the business.
- Provides flexibility and convenience for existing and new members by arranging meetings using both digital channels and face-to-face methods during adaptable work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all mortgage products and services and their related features and benefits in order to advise on the most appropriate mortgage solutions, and to deepen and enhance member relationships.
- Successfully achieves and/or exceeds individual sales targets, while collaborating with retail network and other CFCU business areas to anchor members to the appropriate delivery channel for closing and cross sales.
- Ensures profitability of all transactions through appropriate application of rates (discretionary pricing, risk-based lending), fees, and service charges.
- Builds collaborative working relationships with team members, Consumer & Concierge Banking network, and other staff external to the department to facilitate and continually improve member journey.
- Establishes and maintains a community presence for the Credit Union through organization and participation in various events, seminars, conference calls, and regular interactions with network.
- Communicates market changes and competitor activity to the Manager, Broker Services; makes recommendations for product enhancements and/or policy and procedures to meet changing market needs.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of marketing programs, promotions and other initiatives.
- Identifies and sets professional development plan goals; actively participates in regular goal setting meetings and coaching sessions to support the completion of activities set out in plan.
Experience and/or educational requirements
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in mortgage lending in Financial Services and/or real estate.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and recognize new sales opportunities.
- A well-established network of realtors, builders, financial planners, and other centers of influence considered an asset.
- Completion of relevant internal courses identified by manager within 12 months of hire and continuously there after.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and competencies
- Strong computer skills; able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior knowledge of the mortgage and retail lending market, real estate industry, as well as the broader financial services industry.
- Ability to foster and maintain strong relationships with members, internal partners, and external centre’s of influence.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship.
- Self-starter who works independently and seeks out answers.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, based on a combination of member availability and personal work/ life balance.
- Ability to work from home-based office with further mobility, as required, to meet member needs.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle.
Closing date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers