ABCU Credit Union is hiring a Network System Administrator in Beaumont, Alberta.
ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) is a full-service open bond Credit Union. Assets $265 million, loans $197 million, deposits $243 million, staff of 35. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Network System Administrator to join our team. You play a crucial role in ensuring ABCU’s technology, user experience and data communications run smoothly. You work closely with our Managed Service IT provider and other suppliers (Telus, Celero) to establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software, voice over IP (VOIP), corporate cell phones and related computer equipment. You set up and maintain Internet and intranet websites and related hardware and software and may monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field
- Provides user support for all aspects of computerized systems and software (Telus VOIP, Ring Central) by training users on system applications; troubleshooting basic problems related to hardware, software, and ancillary equipment; and coordinates delivery, installation and set-up of computers, printers, VOIP and software applications.
- Coordinates the installation, testing and implementation of new software, upgrades, and licenses; implements all system customizations, monitors and tunes performance of system and ancillary equipment.
- Liaises with contractors and suppliers to resolve problems and/or to install software upgrades or enhancements.
- Coordinates maintenance contracts for all computers and ancillary equipment. With Managed IT Services, maintains inventory and corresponding destruction schedule.
- Creates, updates and maintains user documentation for all software applications
- With Managed IT Services support, configure and upgrade ABCU networks and in house servers
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Set up and delete user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by the end user; liaise with vendors as required
- Oversee the corporate cell phones and provide troubleshooting as required
- With the Manager, Operations, define network policies and procedures
Incumbent will have contact with all employees and members of ABCU, Happier IT, Celero, Telus, Tyco and other technology vendors.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.