connectFirst is hiring a Private Wealth Advisor in Medicine Hat + Brooks, Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Builds deep and lasting relationships based on trust earned through expertise, know-how and compassion to know our members. Listens and seeks to understand each member’s unique circumstance in order to build and coach to the implementation of financial plans that make an impact in the well being of our members’ lives.
- Meets with existing clients regularly and on a cadence appropriate for cultivating top of mind relationships, rebalancing and reviewing member portfolio strategies and progress to plan no less than annually. This opportunity is used to grow the relationship, gain insights into their members lives and introduce the members to enhancements we’ve made to our business offer since last they met.
- Leads with the plan, knowing that investment strategies, products and investments are only as good as the outcomes they create. The Private Wealth Advisor prepares investment/portfolio recommendations, provides knowledgeable investment advice, and brings in legal, trust, insurance, estate or corporate lending subject matter experts where needed to execute on the plan.
- Partners, strategizes and coaches in the financial lives of their members. They help their members make hard decisions about their money, speaks candidly and earn the trust of their members by modeling expertise and genuine care.
- Leads in stewarding all aspects of their members’ financial well-being. Cultivating strong branch relationships to be sure all personal banking, deposit and lending needs are proactively met.
- Meets all regulatory and compliance changes and conducts business adhering to the highest ethical standard.
- Knowing relationship is everything, the Private Wealth Advisor keeps meticulously detailed notes of all member interactions, capturing not just compliance required information, but details about each members unique preferences and values in order to deepen the relationship and cultivate genuine understanding over time. Creates a remarkable member experience, every time. Responds to member inquiries and resolves issues in a way that is fiercely accountable, going the extra mile to ensure our members feel seen, heard and valued.
- Collaborates with branch managers, teams and subject matter experts across our company to delivery results that matter to grow, shape and promote our business.
- Builds a strong sense of camaraderie and belonging, an active community, market and business leaders, cultivating and participating in team meetings, business campaigns, and community outreach initiatives to build a stronger Alberta.
- Actively seeks out and pursues business development opportunities through networking, community and social activities.
- Cultivates a market presence and is recognized as true subject matter expert. The Private Wealth Advisor is active in the community, on media and at public events, promoting our business interests and creating awareness. They hold member information sessions, appreciation events and host keynote speakers to bring important information to our members about topics that are timely and relevant.
- Private Wealth Advisors are internal experts and leaders at Connect First. They are internal brand and business ambassadors, leading training and development initiatives, running campaigns and expanding the financial literacy of our entire member facing team.
- Works in close collaboration with the Manager, Wealth Operations to support the development and success of the entire sales support team. Working in true partnership with the Wealth Coordinators and Associates to deliver a team approach to wealth management that elevates our offer, puts the member experience at the forefront and creates a truly differentiated wealth member experience in market.
Experience and/or educational requirements
- 6 – 8 years’ experience providing financial planning and portfolio management advice to members.
- Completion of the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) designation is required along with at least one other recognized industry specialization within 24 months. (Examples include the CLU / TEPS / CIM or other specialization.
- Hold a current IIROC (RR) License.
- Completion of Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and The Canadian Accident and Sickness Insurance Course.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered, provided minimum designation requirements are met within 24 months.
- Experience in managing and growing an Investment Portfolio.
- Experience in utilizing Naviplan Planning Software, or similar planning software.
- Experience using a CRM system, such as SalesForce to build and manage member relationship and business growth.
Skills and competencies
- Entrepreneurial and business growth mindset.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and ready ability to learn other systems.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer experience orientation.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship management and personal leadership.
- Excellent conflict management and negotiating skill.
- Team player and business leader.
Closing date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers