connectFirst is hiring a Project Advisor for a contract role based in Calgary.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Updates and supports project plans, issue logs, status reports and other project methodology documents.
- Monitors and coordinates project activities and deliverables for completion, timeliness, and risk mitigation.
- Develops agendas, presentations, executive summaries, and project status reports.
- Actively participates in project review meetings.
- Oversees scheduling and documenting of required meetings and interfaces with Business Transformation team and service providers in a fast-paced environment.
- Acts as the point of contact for Business Transformation Project Manager and Project team, and assumes project coordination duties including:
- Deadline adherence by maintaining and monitoring project plans and project schedules.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder/project meetings.
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation.
- Execute on tasks associated with the project.
- Other projects or tasks as assigned.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of project administration/support experience.
- 2 years of banking experience preferred but not required.
- Salesforce experience will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of project management principles and best practices.
- Working towards or completed a certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with moving targets and follow specific guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of individuals, including executive management.
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office Suite including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Superior organizational and presentation skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, in a structured environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.