connectFirst Credit Union is now hiring a Project Manager based in Calgary, Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Leads and manages the full project lifecycle from initiation to project close.
- Develops and maintains project management documentation including charters, success metrics, financial tracking/forecasting, risk registers, and lessons learned.
- Integrates project activities, plans, and deliverables from all departments, functions and stakeholders into a single integrated project plan.
- Prepares weekly status reports and monthly project update presentations to various levels of leadership.
- Builds collaborative business relationships vital to the success of the project and delegates tasks and responsibilities to project team members including external partners and vendors.
- Liaises with project stakeholders through regular and effective communication.
- Provides project management coaching and mentoring to project team, stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Adheres to Project Management standards as defined by the Strategic Execution Office.
- Supports the development and implementation of the annual business plan for the organization.
- Remains current on emerging project management trends to continually improve our project management function and service delivery.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- A completed certificate, diploma or degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field and a minimum 8 years of formal Project Management experience.
- A certificate in Project Management or certification from PMI will be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project, etc.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills in order to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects leveraging project methodology as defined by PMI
- Model flexibility and adaptability while managing multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills.
- Well-developed consulting, consensus building and facilitation skills, business analysis/project management expertise.
- Flexible approaches to problem solving, with an ability to lead teams and to work concurrently with multiple stakeholders.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers