connectFirst is hiring a Relationship Manager Business Solutions in Calgary, Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you!
When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
As a Relationship Manager, Business Solutions you are responsible for enhancing the growth and profitability of the business solutions portfolio through proactive business development activities; pricing and profitability analysis; and development and management of competitive business offerings.
In this role you will manage a portion of connectFirst’s strategic and emerging market portfolio of high deposit business members. You will analyze cash management activities and needs for business members and help determine the most suitable pricing and product mix, balancing the interests of the credit union and the member. In addition, this role is also responsible for proactively pursuing new members through referrals, business development, and contacts in the community. This role implements corporate policies, procedures, pricing, and standards to effectively mitigate risk.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Putting the member first by imagining and delivering remarkable experiences through the integration of connectFirst’s member pledge principals in all interactions and effective management of a business solutions portfolio to create long-term business opportunities.
- Proactively seeking sales opportunities with current members, new member prospects, networking within the community and centers of influence, or through referrals from existing relationships, to achieve individual and departmental growth and profitability targets. The development and maintenance of an active prospect pipeline will greatly support your sales generation activities.
- Generating additional business opportunities by gaining a deep understanding and learning about each member’s business and specialized industry. You will act as a subject matter expert, anticipating marketplace changes and member banking needs, and partner with internal teams on large member relationships to engage and win additional business. Additionally, you will proactively introduce robust value-add banking solutions appropriate to their business, managing transactions through to closing to expand share of wallet and member engagement with the credit union.
- Preparing profitability reports for all assigned accounts and determining appropriate service charges through negotiation with the member. You will also provide input and suggestions on cash management products and services, and policies and procedures to meet changing market conditions, new legislation, or business strategies of connectFirst.
- Rapidly resolving any problems that may arise by building relationships with internal departments and external partners to conquer any operational issues and escalate issues, obstacles, or trends to the AVP, Business Solutions, as appropriate, with recommended solutions.
- Ensuring the continued health and stability of your assigned portfolio by utilizing your astute risk assessment skills during all transactions, applying risk management policies, procedures, and audit control standards in daily activities, monitoring risks, conducting regular account monitoring activities and annual reviews, and identifying and communicating any trends or emerging issues worthy of noting.
- Acting as an ambassador for connectFirst and developing the credit union’s profile in the local business community by proactively engaging with business leaders, and existing members for discovery of banking needs and to provide financial solutions. Furthermore, you participate in internal and external business events, as well as industry events with members.
- Acting as an advocate for departmental initiatives by leveraging organizational knowledge and creativity to contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of departmental initiatives and programs, as well as demonstrating a flexible and willing approach to ensure initiative success.
- Striving to achieve success by establishing personal goals and accountabilities, growing your knowledge on your next member or business area, working closely with leadership to monitor your progress, executing on strategies that result in achievement of business and individual sales targets, and adapting approaches as necessary.
- Supporting the department’s effectiveness by developing a solid understanding and expertise in the features, benefits, and functionality of connectFirst’s products and services. Preparing proposals, presentations, regularly reporting on relationship management activities, sales, and market penetration. Organizing, hosting, leading, conducting, or participating in demonstrations of the Credit Union’s products and services to internal partners, existing members, centres of influence, and pre-members.
What You’ll Have:
- A university degree in business, commerce, marketing, finance or other related field.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in business or commercial banking.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a hands-on lead generation role, driving key metrics and daily activity, preferably in a business banking or B2B environment.
- An established network in the small business / entrepreneurial community is considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of cash management products, as well as best practices in selling, negotiating and building relationships.
- Strong knowledge of the fintech industry would be considered an asset.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Additional Skills That’ll Support Your Success:
- Strong computer skills; able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent customer service and customer experience orientation.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, results orientation, and business development skills, with the ability to thrive as a self-starter as well as in a team-based environment.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, and presentation skills, with ability to structure and deliver high impact
- In-depth knowledge of the local market conditions, including specialized industry trends.
- Possesses an intense curiosity, with a drive to conduct systematic research that obtains required information and differentiated perspectives.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to interact and liase with members at all levels of the business (I.e. CEO, CFO, VP, SVP, COO, Treasurer, Controller, etc).
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think big and beyond, strategizing and finding banking solutions for our members that will help set connectFirst apart.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers