Christian Credit Union is hiring a Retail Sales Manager in Edmonton, Alberta.
Christian Credit Union is a financial services organization that encourages biblical stewardship with service and advice from experts, modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of financial services solutions. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates and profit sharing while supporting Christian organizations and providing resources to make a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Retail Sales Manager to oversee the retail sales and service team. This position leads the retail banking team members and ensures biblical stewardship principles are incorporated into advice to our members. Strong people leadership and coaching skills support the development of the retail team in reaching their full potential.
We encourage people to be good stewards of the financial resources God has given to them. “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” – 1 Peter 4:10 NIV
To be the recognized leader in applying Christian values to financial services. “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…” – Psalm 24:1 NIV
- Manages the growth and profitability of all retail delivery channels and directs the effective utilization of team, equipment, and facilities.
- Supports the development of sales competencies and relationship building competencies in retail banking team members to achieve expected business results.
- Leads the delivery of sales training, sales meetings and sales coaching to the retail banking team which incorporates biblical stewardship principles into member centric financial advice.
- Collaborates with the Director Member Experience to develop and execute a retail business plan raising awareness of Christian CU and targeting growth in the broader Christian community.
- Provides input into development of marketing campaigns that align with business objectives.
- Works collaboratively with Director Member Experience to establish team and individual performance targets and measurement criteria for all retail banking team members. Monitors financial performance of retail banking on an ongoing basis; identifying areas that require focus and/or adjustment to achieve budgeted results.
- Manages the retail banking team, including onboarding, performance management, coaching and team development within established guidelines of the credit union.
- Leads, plans and implements Member Appreciation events.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrates Christian character and Christian Credit Union core values of humble, hungry and people smart with a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Expert knowledge of the retail banking and credit practices, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures; experience within the credit union system is an asset.
- Solutions orientated with strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates relationship building, sales proficiency and retail underwriting competency.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision; managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while demonstrating sound judgment in prioritization of work activities to achieve results.
- People oriented with strong coaching and performance management skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post secondary education in Business or Finance or equivalent experience.
- 8 – 10 years of retail banking experience with proven expertise in leadership and sales coaching.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in retail credit underwriting and adjudication; experience within the credit union system is an asset.
A competitive salary range of $75,375 – $95,000 per annum along with benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: March 11, 2022.
We encourage all interested to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter via email to:
Cheryl Mason at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Christian Credit Union is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application process or selection process, please advise in your cover letter.