Lakeland Credit Union is now hiring a Senior Financial Advisor based in Cold Lake, AB.
About Lakeland Credit Union
Lakeland Credit Union (LCU) is a provider of financial products and services assisting our members in Bonnyville, Cold Lake and surrounding rural communities for over 80 years. We believe in community, integrity, excellence, the co-operative system, and our people.
Lakeland Credit Union is an employer who can help you shape your career, right here in the Lakeland. We are focused on creating a leading-edge financial institution where everyone works together to achieve our personal and financial goals, at the same time building a better community. It’s simply part of the way we do business, and what earns us loyalty from our members and their families.
Our workplace culture encourages employees to treat each other with respect and challenge each other to be our best. Happy employees looking forward to coming to work each and every day. Employees that have a sense of purpose, feeling valued and engaged are going to pass that along to our members. Our Executive Leadership team is committed to open communication and swift decision-making for the betterment of our work environment. We pride ourselves on having every voice heard and providing our employees with a real chance to make an impact in our healthy, dynamic credit union.
To learn more about us and the services we offer, please visit our website at lakelandcreditunion.com.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Advisor to join our team on a full-time basis at our branch in Cold Lake, AB.
Reporting to the Personal Banking Manager, the Senior Financial Advisor will ensure a member focused approach to providing trusted financial advice by offering a full range of investment, deposit and lending products. This role will proactively engage with new and existing members to build relationships and provide comprehensive financial advice. The Senior Financial Advisor will work collaboratively with the member to strengthen their financial future.
More specifically, some of your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build deep relationships with members, first by seeking to understand what is important to them, and then by developing personalized financial strategies and advice-driven solutions that will guide them on their financial journey including day-to-day banking, investments and borrowing solutions
- Interview members applying for lending products, analyze financial information, assess credit relating to loan requests, make recommendations to Credit
- Advise members on a full range of deposit products including new personal accounts, cards, term deposits, registered products and mutual funds
- Advise members on personal lending products and services including mortgages, personal loans, lines of credit and Visa applications
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 3 years of retail banking experience and completed the Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC). Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a passion for delivering superior, personalized service to our members, while being dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. You are a resourceful, superior communicator, with strong organization and time management skills. You have a process improvement mindset, with the critical thinking and sound judgment skills to make valuable decisions.
Above all, you are flexible and adaptable, and empowered to positively contribute to the success of the organization while building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
What We Offer
As a valued member of our independent financial institution, you will be awarded a competitive salary, RRSP matching program and vacation, along with a host of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- Healthcare spending account
- Wellness spending account
- Discounted employee financial services benefits
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Employee bonding events, Christmas parties, and summer socials!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*This successful candidate must be bondable and will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including criminal record and credit checks.