ABCU Credit Union is now hiring a Senior Investment Advisor serving the Beaumont and City Centre branches.
Purpose of Position
At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals that are dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members. We embrace employee strengths and strive to empower employees to make the right decisions quickly and accurately every day. Our team members are provided with the tools to deliver a meaningful member experience in an environment that values and supports their contributions.
The Senior Investment Advisor is a member of the Wealth Advisory Team. The primary responsibilities include direct management and growth of a complex investment portfolio and providing insight as the wealth subject matter expert to our employees.
This role works out of multiple locations Beaumont and Edmonton, based on member needs.
Ownership & Accountabilities:
- Work in partnership with the branch leadership team and commercial services to drive awareness ABCU’s Wealth Services offer.
- Hold yourself accountable to ensure that your advice is unbiased and based on each individual member’s financial goals.
- Hold yourself accountable to achieve your individual goals, support and reward and recognize performance when required.
- Engage branch employees and local centers of influence for referrals.
- Be aware of potential referral opportunities for credit and insurance.
Be the expert:
- Be aware of all the roles of the organization.
- Be current and have superior knowledge of wealth products offered.
- Seek ways to increase performance by reducing inefficient processes.
- Partner effectively with Aviso Wealth
Understand what Success Means:
- Measure your own success through achievements in net portfolio growth, member growth, and member satisfaction.
- Take an active role in ensuring that risk is mitigated by ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to be compliant.
- Focus on what you can do to ensure success is achieved at the corporate level, your level, and the member level.
- Work collaboratively to accomplish common goals.
- As a key member of the ABCU team, you are expected to be a role model and, while responsible for a portfolio, you may be called upon to participate and or lead strategic projects.
- Be a champion at identifying and solving problems within your area of scope.
- Do not pass the problem off even if it is not within your scope, understand it, document it, and either solve it or make recommendations to your one up for resolution.
- Seek out ways to drive process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Be time sensitive to solving member complaints or problems.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the wealth industry including securities, compliance, life insurance and financial planning.
- University Degree in Commerce, Business of Economics preferable or similar experience.
- IIROC (Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) license requirement.
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
- Incumbent will have contact with all employees and members of ABCU Credit Union, Alberta Central, related businesses, and the public.
- Incumbent will have contact with other credit unions, banks, trust companies, Aviso Wealth Management, other industry related businesses and government and regulatory bodies and referral sources.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.