Wealth Associate, ABCU
ABCU Credit Union is hiring an experienced Wealth Associate in Beaumont, Alberta.
ABCU is a full-service open bond credit union. Assets $299 million, loans $209 million, deposits $276 million, staff of 35. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Wealth Associate is an IIROC licensed member of a dynamic wealth team led by the Director Wealth and plays an integral role in the delivery of superior personalized service to our high net worth member owners. The primary accountability of the role is to assist the Director of Wealth with their day to day administration, sales, and service in an efficient and effective manner thereby allowing vital contact time with members.
This position ensures that proper documentation has been completed correctly, processing its delivery in a timely manner with the appropriate follow up. You will assist in the completion of financial plans, annual reviews and identify additional opportunities to refer business back to retail, business banking, and other areas of ABCU. The Wealth Associate is licensed and maintains a high level of knowledge relating to our products and services, sales processes and compliance, and is able to execute trades. As an assistant, you strive for excellence in communication and organization, as you play a vital role in enhancing the member experience and the growth and profitability of our Credit Union by:
- Assisting the Director of Wealth by supporting the delivery of the full financial planning experience to high net worth ($100,000+) members using the CFP’s six steps of financial planning through an understanding of processes, systems, and documentation required. Accurate and timely completion of required documentation including: account opening, transfers, trades, and tracking.
- Set up appointments for Director of Wealth client meetings and confirm appointments.
- Represent ABCU, build relationships and proactively build business in the communities we serve.
- Respond to all members, team and partner enquiries promptly and proactively providing professional, friendly, competent and courteous service at all times. The licensed Wealth Associate is able to execute trades in line with risk objectives for members.
- Respond to all portfolio member complaints with follow up on issues/opportunities as required, ensuring member complaints are handled in accordance with our service standards, escalating issues when necessary.
- Maintain up to date Financial Planning and investment industry knowledge by participating in training programs/industry courses to upgrade skills, obtain, and maintain accreditation and licensing requirements as applicable
- Assist the Director of Wealth to achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals in growth of the book of business, revenue, asset gathering, tracking & reporting of referrals, and support in referrals to internal partners – retail, business banking and other channels as appropriate
- High School Diploma
- Finance related post-secondary is an asset
- IIROC License
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) & Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Completion of Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within 3 years
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the wealth industry; including securities and compliance
- Knowledge of financial planning, products, policies, procedures, and operations
- Solid administration, sales support, and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of financial products and services
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.