1st Choice Savings and Credit Union is now hiring a Wealth Consultant for their Lethbridge, AB location.
1st Choice Savings is a full-service financial institution and cooperative serving approximately 17,000 members across a network of 6 branch locations in Southern Alberta. With assets under administration exceeding $900 million, 1st Choice Savings is a financially strong Credit Union with a promising potential for growth. The organization follows a strong set of cooperative values where the ultimate goal is putting the member first, above all else.
The Position – Wealth Consultant
As a Wealth Consultant with the Wealth Management team, you would play an integral role in providing dedicated relationship management to both new and existing members by providing comprehensive financial advice, working with the members to create strategies and implement and monitor planning tactics to ensure the member is well prepared for all financial and insurance realities.
The chosen candidate will engage in new business opportunities with current members and curate new member opportunities through professional sales skill, strong business relationship development, and solution-based selling.
You will have the opportunity to be a leader in the local market by establishing, managing, and maintain awareness of 1st Choice savings and Credit Union.
- Help the members meet their Financial and Insurance goals by conducting a needs analysis, reviewing member financial goals and objectives, identifying, and prioritizing current gaps and challenges and develop, present, and implement a financial plan with ongoing monitoring to ensure the plan stays on track.
- Provide expert advice and solutions in financial planning – including investments, financial management, insurance planning, tax planning and retirement planning.
- Conducting regular reviews of member investment plans and identifying additional opportunities.
- Participating in events to create brand awareness and developing, maintaining, and cultivating community contacts that enhance and maximize new business opportunities.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or able to complete within the year; will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Mutual Funds license
- Life and Accidental and Sickness Insurance licenses; must be able to be licensed in Alberta
- Minimum 5 years’ wealth management experience
- Personal strengths in communication, sales, and initiatives
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high-performing team
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact:
Lily Harms, Associate People Development
(403) 320-4600 / email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.