connectFirst Credit Union is hiring a Wealth Specialist based in Calgary, Alberta.
If you’re passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we’re looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Works with members to uncover current and emerging financial needs and to establish clear goals.
- Assesses each member’s financial situation to understand cash flow, money habits and personal financial circumstances and tailors’ recommendations to each member’s unique needs.
- Acts as a financial coach, helping members to establish and work towards relevant financial goals, checking on progress and advising where changes to the plan may be appropriate or required.
- Works collaboratively with others to support the business plan as it relates to the overall strategy for the Wealth department and the achievement of business objectives.
- Identifies and develops sales opportunities with existing and potential new members to meet their needs and further relationships.
- Reviews member portfolios at least annually to measure progress towards established financial goals. Ensures risk profiles align with applicable investment programs and changes in member circumstances, recommends alternative investment options where needs or risk profile may have changed.
- Provides a full range of investment services, which includes preparing recommendations, documentation and processing member transactions.
- Ensures all member interactions are accurately documented, responds to member inquiries and resolves issues in a timely manner, and follows up with members on documentation as required.
- Hosts internal and external information sessions on the features and benefits of select investment products and planning strategies.
- Analyzes, make recommendations and sells appropriate mutual funds (including third party).
- Introduces members to the appropriate Connect First team member or specialist as required.
- Seeks feedback from internal and external networks (branch employees, corporate employees, members, and other centers of influence) on products and overall satisfaction of the delivery of wealth offerings.
- Remains current on organizational and industry practices, policies, procedures and legislative requirements; identifying areas requiring clarification or improvement and referring to management for further action.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with our branches, internal colleagues, the community and acts as an ambassador for Connect First Wealth and Connect First Credit Union.
- Pursues business development opportunities in accordance with ethical standards and Aviso Wealth and regulatory requirements, by identifying and pursuing leads through networking, community and social activities and other non-business functions.
- Applies risk management policies, procedures and audit control standards in daily activities to ensure compliance and best practice standards to mitigate risk.
- Seeks opportunities to promote the organization and to develop business opportunities and refer to appropriate sales staff.
- Acts as a resource to other staff within the branch.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 4 – 6 years experience in retail lending/credit and investments.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and to recognize and self-source new sales opportunities.
- Strong demonstrated ability to build member relationships.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- Working towards Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Required within 36 months of being in the role.
- Hold a current Mutual Funds License.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Member focused, acts as a trusted advisor to members, both internal and external. One who relates well to all kinds of people and balances the needs of the member with the needs of Connect First.
- Employs strong financial coaching skills to facilitate member’s progression towards self-set goals.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Tech savvy. Able to adapt quickly to changing technology and lead the successful integration of new tools into our active business practice.
- Proven business builder and business promoter. Comfortable with social media platforms, outreach marketing and hosting member events.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers