The Impact Report highlights the ongoing contributions of Alberta credit unions to our provincial economy, credit union members, and the local communities in which they operate.
Effective as of December 31, 2022
- In Alberta, our financial co-operative community consists of 609,746 members, 14 credit unions, 196 branches and 3,246 employees.
- $84 million was shared with members across Alberta through patronage and dividends in 2021.
- Credit unions supported their members and local communities by administering $643 million in CEBA loans, and over $58.8 million in HASCAP loans.
- Alberta credit unions serve more than 6,700 small and medium size business (SME) members, with more than 33% of SME members identifying as women or racialized person.
- Credit unions are focused on all Alberta communities, both big in
- In 15 communities across the province, credit unions are the only financial institutions.
- In 2022, Alberta credit unions:
- Donated more than $902,000 to charities and other community groups.
- Awarded more than $235,000 in sponsorships.
- Gave away more than $70,000 in scholarships to high school and postsecondary students from 10 credit unions.
- Volunteered more than 3,000 hours by credit union employees.
Download and read the full Impact Report here!