1st Choice Savings and Credit Union is now hiring a Branch Manager based in Taber, AB.
As the key banking alternative in Southern Alberta, 1st Choice Savings serves approximately 18,000 members through a network of 5 branch locations. 1st Choice Savings is a financially strong Credit Union with assets under administration exceeding $900 million and is poised for continued growth. For further information, please check out their website at www.1stchoicesavings.ca
The Position – Branch Manager, Taber
As a Branch Manager, you would be responsible for the management of the branch operations. While ensuring the members’ financial needs are met, this includes attaining the sales goals in members, loans, deposits and profitability.
In this role, you would be expected to:
- Demonstrate the capacity to lead, coach and motivate a team to successfully achieve results.
- Develop and execute a business unit plan to maximize business growth, share of wallet, and achieve member retention and acquisition objectives.
- Monitor branch performance plans to identify gaps and issues and develop action plans that close performance gaps and resolves issues.
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives by conducting sales calls, establishing a personal referral network, and other business development activities.
- Develop and maintain a network in the community to enhance the credit union’s visibility and build a strong referral source for new potential business.
- Build and cultivate a high performing team by using their talent optimally and driving a member experience culture.
- Serve as a point of escalation to resolve raised issues.
- Ensuring proper internal controls and risk management procedures are adhered to. members and avoid losses to the Credit Union.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant undergraduate degree with over 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with members, employees and cross functional teams.
- Have a strong desire and personal ethics towards obtaining top results and to achieve a high standard of excellence.
- Has strong Business and Digital acumen.
- Experience as a people manager and the ability to engage a team.
- Solid sales management and the ability to market 1st Choice Savings.
- 5-7 years’ experience in consumer lending/credit or investment.
- Personal Financial Planning (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Lily Harms, Associate People Development
(403) 320-4600 / Lharms@1stchoicesavings.ca